President Fixed Networks
Sandy Motley was appointed Vice-President and General Manager of Nokia’s Fixed Networks Division on January 1st, 2021. As such, she is responsible for managing the Fixed Networks business, operations and portfolio with a strong focus on profitable growth.
Sandy started her career at Bell Labs, where she led teams responsible for the design, analysis and manufacturing of military communication systems. She then moved to Wireless where she progressed through a series of positions that showcased her expertise in product design, bids and proposals, contract management, and portfolio product management.
In addition, Sandy was on the Board of Directors of the Alcatel-Lucent Foundation and is the executive sponsor for Nokia’s HISPA organization. She was also named to the Board of Advisors for Light Reading’s Women in Communications. Sandy holds a Master’s of Business Administration in Finance from Farleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey, is an Executive Business Program graduate from Smith College, Massachusetts, has done Post-Masters Mechanical Engineering at Columbia University, New York, and holds both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the State University of New York at Buffalo. During her free time, Sandy likes to read, watch sports and spend time with her family.
- Previously COO, Fixed Networks, Nokia
- E2E North America Market Solutions Leader, Nokia
- Joined Nokia in 2016
- Wireless NA & CALA Regional Business Center Leader, Alcatel-Lucent
- COO Wireless Business, Alcatel-Lucent
- Vice President Sales, U.S. Wireless Accounts, Alcatel-Lucent
- VP and General Manager of the CDMA Product Unit, Alcatel-Lucent
- Various roles in North America & CALA in pre- and post-sales and business operations for Alcatel-Lucent’s Wireless business
- Various roles in R&D, Product Management and Pre-Sales for Lucent Technologies
- Various roles in R&D for AT&T Bell Laboratories