We're here to help – just get in touch
Please email MWC Barcelona customer support at [email protected] with any questions about accessibility.
Travelling to the venue: Fira Gran Via
Accessible taxis can stop at the specially designated areas in the venue’s taxi rank.
If you need an accessible taxi, get in touch with our partners, Barcelona Special Traveller – a local company that specialises in accessibility support services. Email Barcelona Special Traveller at [email protected]
Travelling by private Car
- Drop off: We have a dedicated area at the VIP car pick up/drop off area at CC3. A car sticker needs to be requested in advance. Please email our private car partner at [email protected]
- Access: Accessible parking spaces are available in Parking B and F. Car owners must present a valid disability sticker in the car.
Travelling by public transport
The three closest metro stations to the Fira Gran Via venue have accessible elevators (Europa Fira on FGC/ L9S, Fira on L9S and Foc on L10S)
Guide dogs and assistance dogs
If you need to access the event with a guide dog or assistance dog, please email MWC Barcelona customer support at [email protected] before the event.
Companion Pass request
Attendees who require the assistance of a companion during MWC can request a complimentary Companion Pass from GSMA up to two weeks before the event. The following rules apply to the Companion Passes:
- The Companion Pass will match the badge type of the designated badge holder
- The Companion Pass is not transferrable
- The bearer of the Companion Pass must be accompanied by the person with an accessibility designated badge at all times
- The Companion Pass holder does not have access to any events on their own
- All registrants must pick up their own credentials by showing their photo ID at Registration (Passport or EU National ID)
Services not available at MWC Barcelona
To guide your preparation, please note that we cannot provide the following:
- Devices that are personal or individually prescribed, such as prescription eyeglasses, hearing aids or wheelchairs
- Services of a personal nature, such as assistance in eating, toileting or dressing, or the pushing of wheelchairs
- Connection to sound boards
- Push services for mobility reduced attendees
- Interpreters to accompany individuals within the venue, satellite events or parties
Navigation for Visually Impaired Users
NaviLens is a navigation and labelling app especially designed to enable people with sight loss to access and locate information and interact with the environment around them. Information can be accessed on the move; codes don’t have to be in front of users to be detected; cameras can detect them in a range of 160-180 degrees and when detected, codes provide distance and guidance information through visual, audio and haptic feedback.
GSMA is proud to announce that in partnership with Fira Barcelona, Mobile World Congress 2023 is the first large event to use NaviLens’ smart technology to help visually impaired attendees navigate and find their way independently within Fira Gran Via by orienting them in the environment through voice instructions and offering them accessible contextualized information.
GSMA is excited to make MWC23 more inclusive ensuring that all attendees can participate equally in the event.
NaviLens tags are successfully used across the world. It is free and easy to use - the app works on both the Android and Apple operating systems and is completely accessible.
Services outside the venue
Barcelona Special Traveller is our specialized service provider for accessibility support services. If interested in this service, please email Barcelona Special Traveller at [email protected]
They provide services that range from accommodation to transport, including:
- Accommodation – Advice regarding the choice of the most suitable accommodation for your needs and preferences
- Healthcare Services – Advice regarding interim medical care, nursing services, personal assistance services, pharmacy, chiropody and physiotherapy
- Orthopedic Services – Assistance with the hire and repair of items, such as wheelchairs.
- Leisure Oriented Services – Assistance with transfers, accessible transport, personal shopping, accessible restaurants and rental of electric mobility buggies
- Meet & Greet Services – Booked individually upon request
Services inside the venue
Speech-to-Text in Captioning Services will be available in all Keynote sessions and D4T sessions provided in English.
Barcelona Special Traveller delivering inclusive experiences
Real-time Sign Language Services
DeafTawk is a digital platform that aims to bridge the communication gap between the 466 million Deaf community and the hearing community by connecting them with qualified Sign Language Interpreters in real time, covering more than six different sign languages. DeafTawk has expanded its operations to Singapore, U.S, Sri Lanka and Denmark and is developing an AI-based model to convert sign language to text and voice and vice versa.
Once again, DeafTawk will be partnering with GSMA to make MWC23 more inclusive through the provision of Sign Language Interpretation at key sessions, ensuring Deaf attendees can participate equally in the event - an initiative that was widely recognised and applauded by governments, mobile network operators, and the MWC community.