(Updated 2 November 2022)
All capitalized terms not defined herein have the meanings set forth in the Primary Terms. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these Supplementary Virtual Attendee Terms & Conditions and the sections of the Primary Terms which, by their nature, continue to apply to delivery of the virtual Event, these Supplementary Virtual Attendee Terms & Conditions shall prevail. You may attend MWC Barcelona 2023 via the virtual, online experience, (i) if You registered for a virtual iLeaders pass, or (ii) if you registered for an onsite pass that also allows You virtual access to the Event via https://www.mwcbarcelona.com (the “Website”). The Website will provide You access to the MWC Barcelona 2023 virtual event to be hosted on My MWC web (the “Platform”). This online MWC Barcelona 2023 experience via the Website and/or Platform is referred to as the “Virtual Event”. These Supplementary Virtual Attendee Terms & Conditions are entered into by and between GSMA and You in relation to your use or access to the Website/Platform to attend the Virtual Event, and You accept them and agree to be bound by them by (i) performing any of the Registration Activities; and/or (ii) accessing the Website and/or Platform to attend the Virtual Event.
Description of Event
The Website provides access to an account, the Virtual Event and other services related to the Event, including but not limited to information regarding promotional, sales, sponsorship, and networking opportunities for those companies doing business in the mobile industry ("Services").
GSMA reserves the right to change the Virtual Event structure, format, content, timing, or speakers without notice. The Virtual Event may be postponed or cancelled by GSMA for any reason. If such a situation should occur, this shall be in accordance with the Cancellation section of the Primary Terms.
Virtual Event Access
You are responsible for obtaining access to the Website and that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, You must provide, and are responsible for, all equipment necessary to access the Website.
GSMA is not liable to You for any issues or failures related to internet strength/connection or bandwidth, any issues with the world wide web that disrupt the Virtual Event, or any other technical issues outside of GSMA’s control.
Virtual Event Content
The Virtual Event includes a combination of content that GSMA and other third parties create. In addition to the content created by third parties, some Website features will provide other users with an opportunity to submit, post, display, transmit and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, photographs, images, video, creative works or other information, messages, transmissions or material to GSMA or others on or through the Website and/or Platform (collectively, the "Content"). You understand that the Content is provided by GSMA "AS IS" and that GSMA does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Content. In this regard, You acknowledge that You may not rely on any of this Content, whether created by or submitted to GSMA, including, Content that is posted on any bulletin board, chat, news group, community, forum or other feedback section of the Website (collectively, the "Forums"). You further understand and agree that the Website may include certain communications from GSMA (such as administrative messages and email responses to registrations made by users), and that these communications are considered part of the Virtual Event and You may not be able to opt out of receiving them.
NOTE: Some of the Content is available on mobile devices. You should not use such Content in a way that distracts You and prevents You from obeying traffic or safety laws.
Postings by attendees do not reflect the views of GSMA and GSMA does not verify, endorse, of vouch for any such content. However, GSMA does enforce the Terms. If GSMA determines, in its sole discretion, that any posting is inaccurate, was posted without authorisation, or otherwise does or may violate the Terms, GSMA reserves the right, at any time, without prior notice and without limiting any and all other rights GSMA may have, at law or in equity, to: (a) modify, refuse or remove the posting; (b) revoke Your right to use the Website; and/or (c) use any technological, legal, operational or other means available to enforce the provisions of the Terms, including, without limitation, blocking specific IP addresses or deactivating Your registration.
Virtual Event Partner Sessions
When signing up to participate in a virtual session provided by an exhibitor, partner, sponsor or other third party (collectively “Sponsors”), You will be asked whether You would like to share your contact information with the Sponsors of that session and receive communications from them. If You agree, You authorize GSMA to share Your registration information (including Your First Name, Last Name, Company, Job Title, Address, City, State/Province, Country, Postcode, Email, Mobile Phone Number, Company Industry Type, Your Area of Responsibility, Job Function and Your Areas of Interest) with those Sponsors and agree to receive communications from those Sponsors. Those communications are subject to that Event Sponsor’s privacy practices, including their privacy statement or policy. Some Sponsors are located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. By authorising disclosure to such Sponsors, You consent to the transfer of Your personal data to such locations. If You wish to exercise any data protection rights with regards to how a Sponsor processes or uses Your personal data, You must do so directly with such Sponsor. A list of Sponsors is located here.
Speaker sessions are central to the success of the Virtual Event. In order to provide You with a global platform for the exchange of ideas and insights, GSMA invites key figures from the industry to share their personal perspectives concerning the challenges and opportunities facing our industry today. Speakers are generally not employees of GSMA and GSMA neither pre-reviews nor comments on the content of speaker sessions. Speaker views and opinions are entirely their own and in no way reflect the views and opinions of GSMA.
Attendee List and Messaging
As an attendee, You can chose to opt-in to the Attendee list and messaging features in the Platform and the MWC23 Official GSMA MWC App. These features are designed to help You find and connect with Your peers before, during and after the Virtual Event. The Platform further also allows freedom of login choice, either through the Website or third-parties’ platforms, such as LinkedIn. Other attendees can view the profile information You supply, but will not have access to Your personal email address, or any other contact information about You, unless You choose to explicitly provide it to them in Your online posts, messages, meeting invitations, or another vehicle of Your choice. Our Virtual Event Code of Conduct and these Terms bind your usage of these features.
You may receive access to GSMA and third-party licensed content (collectively, the “Presentation Materials”). GSMA is not liable for the information in the Presentation Materials. You may use these Presentation Materials as well as session audio/video recordings where available solely for Your own internal, non-commercial purposes. Unauthorized distribution (via sales, copying, posting on intranet/internet) is expressly forbidden. You must receive GSMA’s prior written approval before excerpting or quoting the Presentation Materials.
Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct outlines GSMA’s expectations for You and all attendees who attend or access the Virtual Event and for those who utilize the Website or Platform to post Content or interact with other Virtual Event attendees. GSMA enforces this Code of Conduct and expects Your cooperation to help promote a safe environment and a productive Virtual Event experience for everyone.
When messaging or communicating via the Website and/or Platform, or otherwise engaging with the Virtual Event, please:
- Maintain a respectful, considerate, and courteous attitude towards everyone You engage with;
- Make Your messages and invitations useful, informative and relevant to the Virtual Event;
- Do not demean, discriminate, abuse, harass, or threaten any individual or group;
- Do not spam Virtual Event participants;
- Do not post content that is obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- Do not use the Virtual Event for commercial or advertising purposes; and
- Do not post copyrighted content without permission from the owner.
When accessing and using the Website and its related subdomains, You are prohibited from:
- Violating any applicable laws, statutes, ordinances or regulations;
- Using the Service (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose;
- Promoting or providing information about illegal activities, promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promoting any illegal acts;
- Uploading or transmitting any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms or any other harmful activity;
- Overriding any security feature of the Website or jeopardizing the security of Your account or someone else’s account (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Website or use the Service as You);
- Interfering with the operation of, or placing an unreasonable load on, the Website (such as viruses, denial of service attack or gaming algorithms);
- Using manual or automated software, devices or other means or processes to access, scrape or crawl the Website or any content or information contained in it or the Service;
- Engaging in ‘framing’, ‘mirroring’, or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Website;
- Removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Website or from the Virtual Event;
- Modifying, creating derivative works or copying or storing any significant portion of the Website or Virtual Event or any related technology (unless allowed by law or expressly authorised by GSMA);
- Using filming equipment or other devices to record the Virtual Event;
- Using the Website (or any part of it) in a manner which may result in: (i) the Website and/or the Virtual Event being interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such manner designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or Website; (ii) sharing any material which is unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, pornographic, discriminatory, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or otherwise objectionable, defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) impairing the effectiveness or functionality of the Website or the Virtual Event; or (iv) violating or infringing the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, confidentiality and/ or privacy);
- Attempting to grant any unauthorised access to any part or component of the Website;
- Copying or distributing any part of the Website in any medium without our prior written consent;
- Altering or modifying any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended use; or
- Reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling deciphering or otherwise attempting to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Website or any related technology, or any part thereof unless allowed by law.
GSMA reserves the right to terminate or restrict your use of our Service, the Website or Platform if you violate these Terms or are engaged in illegal or fraudulent use.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in and to the Virtual Event, the Content, the Services and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Virtual Event are owned by us, our related companies, and/or the Event Partners or speakers participating in the Virtual Event. You agree not to reproduce, modify, distribute, license, perform, publish, create derivative works from or use (except as authorised and in accordance with these Terms) the Virtual Event or the Services for any reason.
Nothing in these Terms shall vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any intellectual property rights owned or used under licence by GSMA or our related companies, or grant to you any right or licence to any other intellectual property rights of GSMA or our related companies. All such intellectual property rights shall remain the exclusive property of GSMA and our related companies. It is strictly forbidden for any company, organisation, or person to attempt to host or organise any event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to the Virtual Event or its affiliates without the express prior permission and cooperation of GSMA. We reserve their right to take such action (legal or otherwise), including a claim for damages as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate in the circumstances.
Privacy and Data Protection (Virtual Event)
In addition to and without prejudice to the Primary Terms, Privacy and Data Protection section, for Virtual Event Attendees GSMA will collect certain information about You and use it to provide You with information and services associated with the Virtual Event. We process this information to fulfil the offer You have made to receive Services. The data we process as part of the event administration includes:
- Primary Email
- First Name
- Last Name
- Second Last Name
- I identify my gender as
- Company Name
- Job Title
- Country / Region
- State / Province
- Postcode / Zip Code
- Mobile (Country Code / Number)
- Additional Email Address
- Your Job Function
- Your Area of Responsibility
- Your Company Industry Type
- Your Areas of Interest
Your data is used for the administration and management of the Event (which may occur through external providers), including the following:
- Validation of Your being entitled to participate in the Event;
- Communication with You regarding the Event; and
- Sharing Your data with selected Event Partners.
All third parties, including those listed below, are required to respect the security of Your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use Your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process Your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. Our suppliers will receive selected information to assist with the delivery of the Virtual Event and shall only retain this information for the Virtual Event duration. Those suppliers include:
- MY MWC WEB - Event Platform;
- JEMEX IDEAS - Registration System;
- FIRA DE BARCELONA - App;
- VIMEO - Video streaming platform;
- DORIER, DU SHOW and FLUGÉ - Audio visual and Production.
Please kindly note that the Website and/or Platform and all relatable platforms (Sponsor showcase/ expo/ socials) will be recorded and photographed. By agreeing to these Terms, You give consent for video recordings, audio and photos of You to be used during and post Virtual Event. This includes the release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction of such assets for promotional purposes, social media posts, website resource, PR, podcasts, On Demand, Webinars, GSMA and Event Partner communications or any other purpose.