Last update: 21 February 2024
This Mobile Application Terms and Conditions/End User License Agreement (“Agreement”) is a binding agreement between you (“End User” or “you”) and GSMA, Ltd. (“Company”, "we" or "us"). This Agreement governs your use of the MWC Event series and M360 series (each an “Event”, together the "Events") Mobile Application ("App").
BY DOWNLOADING/INSTALLING AND USING THE APP, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD AND USE THE APP AND DELETE IT FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.
- 1. License Grant
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to:
- (a) download, install, and use the App for your personal, non-commercial use on a single mobile device owned or otherwise controlled by you (“Mobile Device”) strictly in accordance with the App’s documentation; and
- 2. License Restrictions
Licensee shall not:
- (a) copy the App, except as expressly permitted by this license;
- (b) modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the App;
- (c) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the App or any part thereof;
- (d) remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the App, including any copy thereof;
- (e) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the App, or any features or functionality of the App, to any third party for any reason, including by making the App available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time; or
- (f) remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the App.
- 3. Reservation of Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the App is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the App under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the App in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions, under this Agreement. Company retains its entire right, title, and interest in and to the App, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
- 4. Collection and Use of Your Information
- (a) You acknowledge that when you download, install, or use the App, Company may use automatic means (including, for example, cookies and web beacons) to collect information about your Mobile Device and about your use of the App. You also may be required to provide certain information about yourself as a condition to downloading, installing, registering for or using the Application or certain of its features or functionality, and the Application may provide you with opportunities to share information about yourself with others. Opting in to the networking feature, you unlock the opportunity to leverage the networking capabilities within our App and Web for a period of nine (9) months, starting from the last day of the Event you attended. This extended duration empowers you to connect and engage with fellow attendees from a wide range of MWC and M360 Events, fostering valuable connections and collaborations. You may also be given the option to provide your location if you opt-in to accessing the Event via Automatic ID Validation, where you provide us with your biometric data through facial recognition technology. All information we collect through or in connection with the App is subject to our Privacy Notice. By downloading, installing, using, and providing information to or through the App, you consent to all actions taken by us with respect to your information in compliance with the Privacy Notice.
- (b) Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company collects data to enhance your experience and enables the App to provide you with more focused information based on your usage. The data collected is used by the Company to review, evaluate and improve your event experience in order to serve your needs better, and by our application vendor, Fira de Barcelona (the “Application Vendor”), to improve our applications. Information collected might include your name, surname, email address, address, country, company name, job title, biography, picture, LinkedIn profile URL. You can opt out of our use for your information and still have access to the basic functionality of the App.
- (c) The Application Vendor may also use your personal information to generate “Aggregated and Anonymised Data” for internal use and for sharing with event organizers. "Aggregated and Anonymised Data" means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying individuals, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information with no ability to associate any particular data with any individual person.
- (d) Except as set forth in this Agreement and in our Privacy Notice, no data is sold, shared, or rented to any third parties.
- 5. Content and Services.
- 6. Updates
The Company reserves the right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to revise, update, modify, add to or delete certain terms of this Agreement (collectively, including related documentation, “Updates”). Updates will be effective immediately and only Updates considered material by the Company will be notified to you in writing. It is your obligation to remain apprised of the most up to date version of this Agreement. If any future changes to this Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in agreement or compliance with this Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement in accordance with Section 8 and must immediately uninstall the App. Your continued use of the App following any revision to this Agreement constitutes your acceptance of any and all such Updates.
Based on your Mobile Device settings, when your Mobile Device is connected to the internet either:
- (a) the App will automatically download and install all available Updates; or
- (b) you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available Updates.
You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the App or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the App and be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- 7. Third-Party Materials.
The App may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products, services, and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising (“Third-Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Company does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
- 8. Term and Termination
- (a) The term of Agreement commences when you download/install the App and will continue in effect until terminated by you or Company as set forth in this Section 8.
- (b) You may terminate this Agreement by deleting the App and all copies thereof from your Mobile Device.
- (c) Company may terminate this Agreement and prevent you from accessing the App at any time without prior written notice where Company, in its absolute discretion, believes you have violated any terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- (d) Company may terminate this Agreement and discontinue you from accessing the App at any time without notice if it ceases to support the App, which Company may do in its absolute discretion.
- (e) Upon termination:
- (i) all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate; and
- (ii) you must cease all use of the App and delete all copies of the App from your Mobile Device and account.
(e) Termination will not limit any of Company’s rights or remedies at law or in equity.
- 9. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE APP IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE APP, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, COMPANY PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE APP WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS, OR BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 10. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APP OR THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR:
- (a) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- (b) DIRECT DAMAGES IN AMOUNTS THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE APP, IF ANY.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 11. Indemnification
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Company and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the App or your breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to the content you submit or make available through the App, if any.
- 12. Severability
If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
- 13. Governing Law
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of England without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the App shall be instituted exclusively in the English Courts. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- 14. Entire Agreement
- 15. Waiver
No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.
- 16. MWC app policy and data collection.
The MWC App collects the following information:
- User Profile information. In order to offer personalized recommendations based both on your preferences and app activity, and to improve the event in further editions, we collect and process information about your mobile device, app activity and utilize already existing user profile information you shared at event sign-up. This data is minimized and pseudonymized. The data we utilize and reason we use it:
- For technical support reasons:
- device type and model
- operating system name and version
- screen resolution
- country and language
- carrier name
- app and SDK versions
- For personalized recommendations:
- Pass Type
- Photo Validation Status
- Networking Enabled
- Company Name
- Company Activity
- Job Title
- Job Function
- Screens you open
- Time you spent within a particular screen or content
- Items and content you viewed or liked (sessions, exhibitors, companies, etc).
● Campaign Data information. We collect information about context aware communications you receive and open for statistical purposes and to improve future events.
- 17. Networking & Usage Limits
The networking function (“Networking”) within the App and Web facilitates professional networking amongst Event Attendees. It is designed to foster meaningful connections, discussions, and collaborations related to the industry and topics of the Event.
Attendees who opt-in to Networking must:
- - Conduct themselves in an appropriate professional manner at all times. Treat all Networking Attendees with respect and courtesy and allow others to express their opinions and viewpoints. Avoid offensive language, discrimination, or harassment in any form. Attendees who encounter any form of misconduct or inappropriate behaviour within Networking are encouraged to report it to GSMA at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Keep discussions relevant to an Event's topics and discussion points. Networking Attendees are strictly prohibited from sending bulk, spurious and/or repetitive messages to other Networking Atendees;
- Select a profile photo that is professional and appropriate for a business networking environment. Photos should be recent, clear, and reflect the Attendee’s professional profile. Photos containing offensive, inappropriate and/or unrelated imagery are strictly prohibited.
- Take appropriate care before sharing any personal or sensitive information;
- Respect the privacy of other Networking Attendees. Do not to misuse or share personal and/or sensitive information obtained from Networking Attendees without their express consent.
- - When posting content within Networking, either own the rights to the content or have valid permission to use and distribute it. Networking Attendees are solely responsible for the content they post and must ensure it does not infringe any third-party rights (including copyrights, trademarks, or intellectual property rights). Company is not responsible for any content posted by Attendees within Networking.
We want to inform all users (App and Web) about the technical limits that are in place to ensure the smooth operation of the networking features and to prevent misuse.
To provide the best possible experience for everyone, we have established the following usage limits per user account:
- Direct Messages/Chat Channels: A maximum of 3000 channels can be created per day;
- Favourites: Users can add a maximum of 500 users per day to their favourites list.
- Please note that during periods of heavy usage, we may temporarily reduce these limits to maintain the stability of the app.
If a user reaches any of these limits, they will receive a message informing them of which limit they have hit. They will be able to try again after the time limit has elapsed.
We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to these limits and helping us maintain the quality of the networking experience for all App users.