Who will access and process my personal data during the registration process?
In addition to GSMA (the owner and organizer of MWC) as data controller, your data will also be processed by the following third parties as part of the registration process.
- Jemex Ideas Co;
- Fira de Barcelona;
Where will my personal data be stored?
Attendee personal data will be stored on servers located in the European Economic Area (EEA). Whilst any and all biometric data processed as part of an attendee choosing to automatically validate their ID will only be accessed from within the EEA, non-biometric data submitted as part of the registration process may, on occasion, be accessed from outside of the EEA as part of administering the event registration process.
When my personal data will be deleted?
Your personal data will be deleted as follows:
- Global Event account profile: This will be deleted after 12 months from the last time you logged in / accessed your Global Event account.
- ID document data: This will be deleted 24 hours following the end of the event dismantle and no later than (6 March 2024)
- Digital access pass photo: This will be deleted 24 hours following the end of the event dismantle and no later than (6 March 2024)
Biometric Data: Where you have chosen to register via Automatic ID Validation, any biometric data will be deleted immediately (in fractions of a second) after the process has been completed.
What information do I need to provide to register for MWC Barcelona?
All attendees might be required to provide the following personal data during the registration process:
Global Event’s account profile:
- Full name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Company name;
- Job title;
- Job level;
- Area of responsibility;
- Company industry type;
- Areas of interest related to the event topics; and
- Networking profile photo
- ID document type;
- ID document number;
- ID document issuing government;
- Date of birth;
- ID expiration date;
- ID portrait photo.
Digital Access Pass photo
- “Selfie” or uploaded photo image.