The GSMA’s Government Leadership Award recognizes world-class leadership in the establishment of sound regulatory policies for mobile connectivity. These should be based on clear principles that encourage private investment, such as transparency, free and fair competition, and regulatory independence.
This category is free to enter and is open to all national governments.
The deadline for submission for this award is 20 December 2021.
Entries to this award are via email only. Please follow the instructions below.
Please send us a pdf document with the following:
- Name of the organisation submitting this application and on behalf of which country
- Main point of contact for this application: Name, Job title, organisation, email and telephone number.
1. What do you consider to be the key achievement of this country in relation to mobile communications policy-making in the past year?
2. Which government initiatives in this country have successfully encouraged innovation and/or investment in/from the mobile industry?
3. How has this Government used mobile connectivity to drive its wider national economic and social policies (i.e. beyond Ministry of Communications)?
4. What has the Government done to improve mobile broadband coverage?
5. What initiatives or reforms have been implemented to ensure the availability of sufficient and suitable spectrum?
6. How is this country a role model to others that want to implement sound regulatory policies?
7. How has this Government embraced the role of mobile in achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in its wider national economic and social policies
Please answer the above in approximately 250 words per question. Note that nominations have to be submitted in English.
Supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
• One x3 minute (maximum) video
• One x1 page document with further information, images, graphics etc.
• One x1 web page (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URL
Send your application to [email protected] by 20 December 2021.
2021: Not awarded
2020: The Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
2019: The Finnish Government
2018: The Republic of Estonia
2017: The Islamic Republic of Pakistan
2016: The United Mexican States
2015: The Federative Republic of Brazil
2014: The Republic of Botswana
2013: Not awarded
2012: The Republic of Colombia
2011: The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
2010: The Republic of Kenya
2009: The French Republic
2008: The Arab Republic of Egypt
2007: The Republic of India
2006: The Islamic Republic of Pakistan
2005: The Federative Republic of Brazil
The Government Leadership Award is a category of the prestigious Global Mobile Awards (THE GLOMOs). Find out more about The GLOMOs.