Harrison is passionate about helping telecommunication clients capture the full benefits of large-scale digital transformations, using his in-depth knowledge of IT, operations, and networks to help them achieve impact at scale.
Although he focuses on clients in Asia, Harrison also serves clients in Europe and North America. His other specialties include wireless technology assessment, analysis, recommendation and evolution, network and cybersecurity, lean operations, and due diligence.
Examples of Harrison’s recent client projects include the following:
• driving a comprehensive digital transformation at a Southeast Asian telecommunications operator across strategy and organization, process digitization, and two-speed IT architecture
• supporting a Southeast Asian mobile operator’s mobile-advertising product development and business building, including the product portfolio and the required IT architecture to support the business
• devising a multichannel strategy for an emerging-market mobile operator, focusing on both traditional system integration and agile development techniques—such as two speed IT—along with the necessary end-state IT architecture
• outlining the emerging-market IT and digital strategy for a global consumer-products company, across e-commerce, multichannel IT, data analytics, and mobile solutions
• defining the organization, governance model, and operating processes for a Southeast Asian mobile operator’s new digital business unit
• outlining the overall digital strategy—including analyses of key verticals and go-to-market models—for a Southeast Asian mobile operator.
Prior to McKinsey, Harrison worked at Accenture’s mobile-technology group in New York and served as a technical architect at Bell Mobility and Sprint Canada (now Rogers Communications).