About this Award
YoMo is a youth festival that inspires young people about Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design and Maths (STEAM). YoMo brings classroom learning to life while encouraging them to pursue careers in these vital sectors.
The fast pace of technology and the complexities of today’s world require new generations to be equipped with a new set of skills. In an increasingly data-driven future, skills gaps across all industries are poised to grow. Rapid advances in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics additive manufacturing and other emerging technologies are happening in ever shorter cycles, changing the very nature of future careers. The STEAM sector is at the forefront of this change.
The YoMo Award for Best STEAM Activity for Young People is introduced to recognize the value of STEAM-based educational initiatives, programmes, products, apps, services and devices that equip young people for this challenge and help bridge this ever increasing skills gap.
This Award highlights the broad range of advances in the immersive education. It is open to all organisations that provide impactful innovation and STEAM learning methodologies targeting school-age children (6-18 years old) and/or teachers, having a tangible effect on the reduction of the skills gap, and with a particular interest in increasing digital inclusion of girls.
This category is free to enter.
New for 2020
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity.
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations?
- In which countries was your event or program deployed and/or influence felt.
- Please confirm this event or program was deployed and/or in “live” service during 2019 – (Y/N)
Please answer the above in approximately 25 words per question.
- What challenge(s) was your event or program looking to address? Include the size, the geography and the social or economic impact of the problem that you are tackling.
- How does your program solve this? Provide specifics of program elements and how they impact the user journey.
- To date, what results have you seen from the implementation of your event or program? We’re looking for both quantitative and qualitative measurable evidence of success.
- How is your event or program truly innovative compared to other youth programs in your sector?
- How scalable are the solution(s) deployed in your event or program and what is your vision for sustainable future growth?
- What is next for your organisation?
Please answer the above in approximately 250 words per question.
You can also submit a URL link to supporting material.