About this Category
The GSMA’s Women4Tech programme focusses on successfully addressing the gender gap that exists within the mobile and technology industries. Through a range of events and interactive workshops, Women4Tech aims to drive awareness, showcase strategies and commit participation from the industry to reducing the gender gap within the telecoms and tech industry workforce. This supports the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, in particular SDG 5: “to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls”.
This exclusive Women4Tech Award recognises and celebrates leadership in the establishment of initiatives by people or companies within the industry to encourage and retain women and girls in the telecommunications industry or in the larger mobile entrepreneurial ecosystem.
We are seeking industry nominations and entries that highlight and reflect the role of women in Women4Tech’s four focus areas:
- Empowering Technology: career development, talent retention, policies that support and encourage diversity, strong executive leadership and businesses that make gender diversity a top business priority
- Encouraging Technology: mentorship programmes, education and/or youth programmes, sponsorship, male champions for equality and diversity
- Transforming Technology: supporting career development opportunities, training and investment
- Innovating in Technology: entrepreneurship, startups, VC’s and incubators supporting women and investment in female-founded and led businesses.
This category is free to enter
This category is open to all organizations in the broad mobile industry to submit a candidate or organisation
Winner in 2019:
Amy Bernal: Molding World-Class Remote Agent Career Talent While Inspiring Others Via the #WomenInTech Movement
W4T JUDGING QUESTIONS
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your entry (organisation or candidate)? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity.
- Please provide a short biography of the organisation or candidate you are nominating (approximately 250 words)
- Please provide some specific details of how this Organisation or Candidate has made a significant impact in the area of recruiting or empowering the roles of females within the mobile sector
- How has the organisation or candidate efforts and achievements made a difference to encouraging and retaining women and girls in the mobile industry for the longer term?
- How has the organisation or candidate addressed barriers to female retention and leadership in the mobile sector?
- What key / headline results would you point to in terms of the organisation or candidate work and most significant achievements in this area?
- Please let us know any additional details you believe are pertinent to your nomination
Please answer the above in approximately 250 words per question.
You can also submit a URL link to supporting material.