About this Category
The GSMA’s Government Leadership Award recognises world-class leadership in the establishment of sound telecommunications regulatory policies, based on clear principles that encourage private investment, such as transparency, free and fair competition, and regulatory independence.
This category is free to enter.
This category is open to all national governments.
- 2019: The Finnish Goverment
- 2018: The Republic of Estonia
- 2017: The Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- 2016: The United Mexican States
- 2015: The Federative Republic of Brazil
- 2014: The Republic of Botswana
- 2013: not awarded
- 2012: The Republic of Colombia
- 2011: The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- 2010: The Republic of Kenya
- 2009: The French Republic
- 2008: The Arab Republic of Egypt
- 2007: The Republic of India
- 2006: The Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- 2005: The Federative Republic of Brazil
Preview of the Entry Form Questions:
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- What is the name of the organisation submitting this application, and on behalf of which country?
- What do you consider to be the key achievement of this country in relation to mobile communications policy-making in the past year?
- Which government initiatives in this country have successfully encouraged innovation and/or investment in/from the mobile industry?
- How has this Government embedded / acknowledged ‘mobile’ in its wider national economic and social policies (i.e. beyond Ministry of Communications)?
- How has mobile broadband been promoted in this country, and which initiatives or reforms have been implemented to ensure the availability of sufficient and suitable spectrum for the mobile industry?
- How has this Government embraced the role of mobile in achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in its wider national economic and social policies
Please answer the above in approximately 250 words per question.
You can also submit a URL link to supporting material.