About this Category
In September 2015, the UN introduced its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) — a 17 point plan to end poverty, combat climate change and fight injustice and inequality. They are the biggest attempt in the history of the human race to make the world a better place.
Mobile networks have the power to accelerate this journey in a way no other technology can. That is why we are united in support for helping tackle the SDGs. As the first industry to come together and get behind the UN, we will continue to ensure that connectivity plays a key role in helping achieve the 17 targets by 2030. To-date we have connected over half the planet, our purpose underlies our commitment to continue on this path and help shape a world in which we all benefit from the opportunities that connectivity delivers.
This exceptional award highlights the very best examples of mobile connectivity – by the global mobile eco-system – in recognising the players who are supporting and contributing to one or several of the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
This award is open to all organisations that provide mobile products, devices, services, solutions and applications
World Food Programme for SCOPE CODA
- What is the name of your entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity.
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations?
- Please confirm this product was deployed and/or in “live” service during 2019 – (Y/N)
- Please confirm your product/initiative leverages 2G/3G/4G/5G connectivity (Y/N)
- Which UN Sustainable Development Goal or Goals does your entry delivery on?
Please answer the above in approximately 25 words per question.
- What is the challenge(s) you are looking to address. Tell us about the size, the geography and the social or economic impact of the problem that you are tackling.
- How does your solution solve this? Tell us how does your product actually work and what is the user journey?
- To date, what results have you seen from the implementation of your solution? We’re looking for both quantitative and qualitative measurable evidence of success.
- How is your product unique and truly innovative compared to other solutions on the market?
- How scalable is the solution and what is your vision for sustainable future growth?
- What is next for your organisation?
Please answer the above in approximately 250 words per question.
You can also submit a URL link to supporting material.