About this Category
The Climate Action Award is for mobile industry and broader mobile eco-system organisations that are focused on significant and innovative environmentally friendly policies, services, products, solutions and programmes or initiatives that tangibly reduce or offset carbon dioxide (or greenhouse gas) emissions.
This award recognises the role of mobile in the development of low carbon economies, industries and lifestyles through improved energy efficiency, carbon offset programmes, alternative energy sources, recycling, conservation, travel, manufacturing and logistics cost reduction and eco-friendly consumption.
This award is open to all organisations that provide mobile products, devices, services, solutions and applications
2019 Joint Winners
Telefonica for 100% Renewable Energy Plan 2030
GenGell Energy for GenCell A5 Off-Grid
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity.
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations?
- Please confirm this product was deployed and/or in “live” service during 2019 – (Y/N)
- Please confirm your product/initiative leverages 2G/3G/4G/5G connectivity (Y/N)
Please answer the above in approximately 25 words per question.
- What is the challenge(s) you are looking to address. Tell us about the size, the geography and the social or economic impact of the problem that you are tackling.
- How does your solution solve this? Tell us how does your product actually work and what is the user journey?
- To date, what results have you seen from the implementation of your solution? We’re looking for both quantitative and qualitative measurable evidence of success.
- How is your product unique and truly innovative compared to other solutions on the market?
- How scalable is the solution and what is your vision for sustainable future growth?
- What is next for your organisation?
Please answer the above in approximately 250 words per question.
You can also submit a URL link to supporting material.