About the Category
One billion people, or 15% of the world’s population, experience some form of disability * Yet only one in ten of those are getting access to the assistive technology they need to live healthy, productive, independent, and dignified lives; to participate in education, the labour market and civic life.
This figure is increasing through population growth, chronic health conditions and the ageing process. The World Health Organisation also estimates that the world’s population of people who are 60 years of age and older has doubled since 1980 and is forecast to reach 2 billion by 2050.
This award recognises universal design** innovation in the vital development of mobile products, applications, services, devices and other initiatives and projects that enhance accessibility and inclusivity for billions of people afflicted with disabilities, both physical and mental impairments, as well as older users.
* Source: The United Nations Development Programme
** “the design of products, environments, programmes and services to be usable by all people, to the greatest extent possible, without the need for adaptation or specialized design” (Article 2 of United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities)
This award is open to all organisations that provide mobile products, devices, services, solutions, and applications
Beeline, Veon & Motorica for Beeline.Motorica
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity.
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations?
- Please confirm this product was deployed and/or in “live” service during 2019 – (Y/N)
- Please confirm your product/initiative leverages 2G/3G/4G/5G connectivity (Y/N)
Please answer the above in approximately 25 words per question.
- What is the challenge(s) you are looking to address. Tell us about the size, the geography and the social or economic impact of the problem that you are tackling.
- How does your solution solve this? Tell us how does your product actually work and what is the user journey?
- To date, what results have you seen from the implementation of your solution? We’re looking for both quantitative and qualitative measurable evidence of success.
- How is your product unique and truly innovative compared to other solutions on the market?
- How scalable is the solution and what is your vision for sustainable future growth?
- What is next for your organisation?
Please answer the above in approximately 250 words per question.
You can also submit a URL link to supporting material.