About this Category
Mobile connectivity can provide a lifeline in major humanitarian disasters and complex emergency situations, providing access to critical information and communication, when supported by the network.
This award recognises its critical role as a critical tool in times of disaster. It is specifically for mobile services, initiatives, applications, solutions or products that have been in place, developed or deployed to provide emergency support to communities affected by natural disasters such as earthquakes, famine, tornadoes, floods etc. or other humanitarian emergencies, such as refugee crises, conflict, terrorist events or epidemics, in terms of speed and scale of support or through innovation that provides new ways to save and enhance lives.
This award is open to all organisations that provide mobile-based products, devices, services, solutions and applications.
Lumkani for Lumkani
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity.
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations?
- Please confirm this product was deployed and/or in “live” service during 2019 – (Y/N)
- Please confirm your product/initiative leverages 2G/3G/4G/5G connectivity (Y/N)
Please answer the above in approximately 25 words per question.
- What is the challenge(s) you are looking to address. Tell us about the size, the geography and the social or economic impact of the problem that you are tackling.
- How does your solution solve this? Tell us how does your product actually work and what is the user journey?
- To date, what results have you seen from the implementation of your solution? We’re looking for both quantitative and qualitative measurable evidence of success.
- How is your product unique and truly innovative compared to other solutions on the market?
- How scalable is the solution and what is your vision for sustainable future growth?
- How have you ensured that your solution meets humanitarian and ethical standards?
- What is next for your organisation?
Please answer the above in approximately 250 words per question.
You can also submit a URL link to supporting material.