About this Category
Today there are well over 5 billion unique mobile subscribers (July 2019) – each person now directly benefiting from and contributing to the digital economy. Despite this, a significant proportion of the population still remain offline, without access to the greatest economic enabler of our time, especially women.
Innovation has fuelled the drive to ‘connect the unconnected’, bringing affordable mobile voice and data communications to people for the very first time, as well as services and initiatives that have had a proven effect on the empowerment of people, as well as their social and economic well-being.
This award recognises genuine innovation in mobile initiatives, programmes, products, apps, services and devices that are having a tangible effect on the accessibility and vitality of digital economies in emerging, with particular interest in increasing digital and financial inclusion for women in low- and middle-income countries.
This award is open to all organisations that provide mobile products, devices, services, solutions, and applications
Mavenir for Mavenir’s Aquto Sponsored Data Rewards Platform
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity.
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations?
- Please confirm this product was deployed and/or in “live” service during 2019 – (Y/N)
- Please confirm your product/initiative leverages 2G/3G/4G/5G connectivity (Y/N)
Please answer the above in approximately 25 words per question.
- What is the challenge(s) you are looking to address. Tell us about the size, the geography and the social or economic impact of the problem that you are tackling.
- How does your solution solve this? Tell us how does your product actually work and what is the user journey?
- To date, what results have you seen from the implementation of your solution? We’re looking for both quantitative and qualitative measurable evidence of success.
- How is your product unique and truly innovative compared to other solutions on the market?
- How scalable is the solution and what is your vision for sustainable future growth?
- What is next for your organisation?
Please answer the above in approximately 250 words per question.
You can also submit a URL link to supporting material.