About this Category
This award aims to identify the organisation which has re-set the bar for what it means to be a ‘Smart City’, the ultimate manifestation of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Entries are sought from a wide variety of organisations in the mobile and technology eco-system that address specific urban challenges, fuel economic activity, improve the environment, provide service or cost efficiencies for the city or improve the quality of life for citizens and visitors in a tangible, sustainable way.
Judges will be looking for entries that demonstrate genuine innovation and new thinking to meet these challenges, which should not be conceptual but actual implementations to date in either emerging markets or advanced economies. Entries can either address specific urban challenges in a singular approach, or demonstrate a combination of applications, products or services that together enhance the management and coordination of smart city services via platforms, infrastructure, citizens and vehicles, to generate new insights, reduced costs and provide a range of connected services.
This award is open to all organisations that provide mobile products, devices, services, solutions, and applications. We very much welcome joint entries, particularly partnerships with local or regional government authorities.
Huawei & Gaoqing Government for Adding “Smart” to “Happy”
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity.
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations?
- Please confirm this product was deployed and/or in “live” service during 2019 – (Y/N)
- Please confirm your product/initiative leverages 2G/3G/4G/5G connectivity (Y/N)
Please answer the above in approximately 25 words per question.
- What is the challenge(s) you are looking to address. Tell us about the size, the geography and the social or economic impact of the problem that you are tackling.
- How does your solution solve this? Tell us how does the mobile (or cellular) aspect technically work?
- How does your innovation streamline, simplify or enhance the user experience?
- How do you ensure your solution delivers in a secure and trustworthy manner?
- To date, what results have you seen from the implementation of your solution? We’re looking for both quantitative and qualitative measurable evidence of success.
- How is your product unique and truly innovative compared to other solutions on the market?
- How scalable is the solution and what is your vision for sustainable future growth?
Please answer the above in approximately 250 words per question.
You can also submit a URL link to supporting material.