About this Category
Mobile innovation to enhance the connected life continuously unlocks new experiences every day; experiences that make life more efficient, enjoyable, informative, safer and smarter.
This award showcases the very best and most compelling services that allow people to do more through their mobile device and in better ways than ever before. Whether that is to communicate, organize, socialise, find information, enjoy and share media or make purchases on mobile devices anywhere and at any time.
The Best Mobile Service for the Connected Life Award is open to entry for all players in the mobile eco-system involved in developing and delivering services in the key lifestyle segments. Such as health and wellbeing, smart homes, commerce and shopping, social networking, education and learning, fashion, sports, publishing, media, games and entertainment, automotive, transport and travel and leisure, utilities and indeed any other areas where being connected enables a smarter, stress free and enjoyable way of life.
Aira for Aira: Visual Interpreter for the Blind
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your entry? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards materials and publicity.
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations?
- Please confirm this product was deployed and/or in “live” service during 2019 – (Y/N)
- Please confirm your product/initiative leverages 2G/3G/4G/5G connectivity (Y/N)
- Please provide a short description of the service (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide a link to where the service can be downloaded from one of the major app stores
- If the service is paid for, please provide a free access or redemption code
- Please provide a link to a video about the service on YouTube, Vimeo or another public video platform
- Please provide a website link for the service
Rather than scoring answers to questions given by entrants, we will ask judges to score the app/service against the set criteria below, based on their existing knowledge of the service/app and their experience of downloading and using it. Judges will mark the following out of 10:
- Innovation: What’s new, different or innovative in terms of the technology or business model
- USPs: Key product or service capabilities and value of the use case
- Personalisation: What level of customisation is offered?
- Simplicity: Complexity of technology used converted into simplicity for the user
- Mobility: Makes good use of mobile connectivity
- Design: Great quality design, compelling and sticky experience
- Longevity: Not gimmicky, novel or short term
- Success: User adoption and evidence of success
- Privacy: What level of privacy and data protection is offered?
- Evidence: Case studies or audience statistics to reflect market success