Hamza is the coleader of McKinsey’s global Metaverse initiative and McKinsey’s Marketing & Sales Practice in the UK and Ireland. He specializes in digital-led growth and innovation, including e-commerce, new business building, and metaverse commerce and consumer engagement.
Hamza focuses primarily on e-commerce, digital ecosystems, sales and channel topics, and serves organizations across multiple sectors in Europe and the Middle East.
Examples of Hamza’s recent client work include the following:
• leading e-commerce transformations at multiple global consumer-goods organizations, including defining the global channel strategy and financial ambition, developing the value proposition, delivering quick-wins through targeted digital marketing and sales sprints, designing the agile operating model, and launching transformation governance to scale the impact
• leading an e-commerce and omnichannel transformation at a Middle Eastern retailer—including standing up the digital organization and product teams, designing the fulfillment model and technology architecture, and implementing the agile operating model—and scaling e-commerce across more than seven countries, delivering five to six times uplift in online sales within six months
• driving a digital transformation at a global telecommunications company, including deploying agile-at-scale organization—with more than 2,000 full-time employees globally transitioned to date—delivering more than $50 million in digital marketing and e-commerce quick-win value, and implementing program governance to scale and sustain the impact
• designing digital ecosystem strategies for several organizations, identifying and prioritizing opportunities beyond the ‘core’ business; assessing customer engagement and value-creation levers, defining partnership strategy; and launching the new business and strategic partnerships
• defining new market-entry, new segment-entry and new go-to-market growth strategies for organizations across sectors and regions
Before joining McKinsey, Hamza worked at a multinational consumer financial services company as a corporate account manager. He is passionate about using the power of technology to drive positive social change, and serves on the board for a mental-health focused startup in Pakistan.