Born in Astigarraga (Gipuzkoa) on 24 september 1963
Industrial Engineer in Electrical Ingineering.
PhD Cum Laude from the University of Navarre in 1992.
• Lecturer at the School of Engineering of the University of Navarra. 1987-1992
• Senior Professor at the Faculty of the University of the Basque Country (UPV-EHU) 1995-2005
• "Invited Lecturer" at Massachusetts MIT for three years.
• Deputy Minister for Transport and Public Works of the Basque Government 2005-2007
• Provincial Councillor for Mobility and Land Planning of Gipuzkoa Provincial Council.
• Chair of the Innovation Commission of Gipuzkoa General Assemblies
• EAJ-PNV Member of Parliament in the Spanish Parliament since 2011-2012.
• Spokesperson for the Economy & Competitiveness, Development, Defence, Education & Sport, and Agriculture, Food & the Environment commissions of the Spanish Parliament.
• Minister of Economic Development and Competitiveness (2012-2016)
• Minister of Economic Development and Infrastructure (2016-2020)
• From 2020, Minister of Economic Development, sustainability and environment.
Worked on research for Iberdrola, Indar, Lasa & Eustek, Gikesa, LAPTON and JEMA, among other companies.