BUSINESS: FUTURE BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION VIA DIVERSITY & INCLUSION TO DRIVE GROWTH
09.15 Welcome Introduction
Chairperson: Imma Folch, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Chair EMEA, Worldcom PR Group, CEO & Founder, LF Channel
09.20 Spotlight Fireside Chat: DE&I Accountability and Engagement at Leadership Level
To achieve and sustain diversity among leadership benches, organizations must adopt accountability and change which creates change in behaviour and outcomes for individual leaders. The Telecoms industry is no different from others and despite mounting external and internal pressures to prioritize and make demonstrable improvements on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), organizations continue to struggle to make real and rapid headway. How can we make this change more seamless and embedded.
• What does it mean to be accountable as a leader?
• Defining a leadership framework for DE&I
• Setting clear goals and performance objectives aligned to DE&I
• Kristen Nichols, Senior Vice President Global Business Operations, Cisco
Interviewed by: Imma Folch, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Chair EMEA, Worldcom PR Group, CEO & Founder, LF Channel
09.30 Leadership Panel Discussion: Gaining Buy-in, Interest and Ownership for DE&I Across the Business
Many companies say they are committed to prioritising diversity, equity and inclusion, but when it comes to investing time and money into meaningful change management, that commitment can sadly waiver. Making real change, starts with executive buy-in: starting from the top down and not forgetting the crucial role of middle managers.
• Identifying key barriers & silos to wider adoption
• Active engagement across the business: key ways to increase efforts to gain optimum support
• Measuring tools to find out how successful your DE&I programs are being seen and adopted
• Giving feedback and creating opportunities for DE&I advocacy
• Calling out inaction or examples where DE&I has been neglected
MODERATOR: Shaun Scantlebury, Partner, People Advisory Services, EY
• Margarida Fontainhas Marques, VP Head of Continental Europe - Digital Solutions BU Hitachi Vantara
• Berta Herrero Estalayo, Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Huawei
• Benjamin Ramirez Heller, Head of Culture, Change & Diversity, SEAT
WORKFORCE: UNLEASHING DIVERSITY & INCLUSION GOALS, TOOLS AND DRIVING RESPONSIBILITY
Diversity wins: Pinpointing the most powerful workforce tools to support greater DE&I success
10.00 Branding DE&I Discussion: Reputation and Beyond: At What Have We Learnt, What’s Changed and What’s Next in Communicating What You Are Doing
Telecommunications as indeed, all industry sectors and brands, need to go beyond a one-time statement about DE&I on social media. Advanced organisations are diversity, equity and inclusion into marketing, communications and social strategies for the long term. To do that successfully, we need to focus on both internal and external steps to ensure the efforts are authentic, sustainable and helpful.
• Working with suppliers, 3rd parties and partners to build DE&I into all messaging
• Disclosing workforce demographics: gender, race and ethnicity reporting
• The wider mission of DE&I - listening to the voice of your employee to build a happier workplace
• Beyond recruiting to including under-represented groups into management succession plans, talent development, mentorship and emerging leadership programmes
• Prioritizing communication around braver, more inspiring employees across LGBTQ+, Race, Disability and BAME
MODERATOR: Crosby Cromwell, Chief Partnerships Officer, The Valuable 500
• Katherine Ainley, CEO, Ericsson UK & Ireland
• Catherine Bohill, ESG Development & Impact, Telefónica, S.A.
• Mitchell Davis, Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategic Programs, Autodesk
10.25 Summing Up and Closing Remarks
• Lara Dewar, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA
10.30 End of Summit